Welcome to the Town of Manitowish Waters in Vilas County Wisconsin!
The Manitowish Waters area is the ideal spot to "get away from it all." Located in Northwestern Vilas County in Wisconsin's Northwoods, Manitowish Waters is known for its quiet, less stressful surroundings perfect for a family vacation, reunion, romantic getaway, hunting or fishing excursion, or leisure day trip.
Seasonal Weight Restrictions Pursuant to Section 349.16 Wisconsin State Statues, the Town of Manitowish Waters Road Department will be imposing temporary weight restrictions on all Town Roads, effective Monday February 26, 2024 at 10:00 A.M. Signs will be placed at various intersections informing the public that weight restrictions are in effect on that specific road.
Organizational Board Meeting
Monday January 29, 2024 @ 11:00am
Manitowish Waters Town Hall
Click on the Resolution Links to View:
Pickleball ProjectFundraising Efforts are Now Underway!
- Eight (8) Pickleball courts will be built next to the Town Hall and the Youth Center.
- The Town has donated the land and will ultimately own the courts.
- This is a community-based project for the benefit of all who live here or come to vacation and enjoy our community.
- The cost of the project will be funded primarily through private donations. Over half of the budgeted costs have already been pledged through these donations!
- A local group is managing this project and they are working tirelessly to raise the remaining pledges before the end of this year.
- The non-profit MW Alliance Foundation is assisting the MW Pickleball Project team by making ONLINE DONATIONS (by credit card) available through the Alliance website.
- If you prefer to send a check, make payable to: Town of Manitowish Waters and mail to: MW Pickleball Project, PO BOX 267, Manitowish Waters, WI 54545.
The Transfer Station is located 1/2 mile north of beautiful downtown Manitowish Waters at 217 Hwy W.
Call the Transfer Station for more information on how to recycle: 715-543-2366
CLOSED HOLIDAYS (Except Memorial Day and Labor Day)
Individuals that are interested in acquiring an annual pass for unlimited access to the brush pile, may stop in the Town Offices and obtain a pass for $50.00 for the year from the date of purchase.