Welcome to the Town of Manitowish Waters in Vilas County Wisconsin!
The Manitowish Waters area is the ideal spot to "get away from it all." Located in Northwestern Vilas County in Wisconsin's Northwoods, Manitowish Waters is known for its quiet, less stressful surroundings perfect for a family vacation, reunion, romantic getaway, hunting or fishing excursion, or leisure day trip.
The following information is being provided for your review in preparation for the upcoming hearing on creating an EMS district that would include Boulder Junction, Manitowish Waters, Presque Isle and Winchester. Please take time to review this information prior to attending the hearing. Your input will be greatly appreciated.
September 12th @ ~ Immediately following the 6:00pm EMS District Public Hearing
Manitowish Waters Town Hall
RE: Proposed Slow-No-Wake Bays on Spider and Rest Lakes
Pickleball ProjectFundraising Efforts are Now Underway!
- Eight (8) Pickleball courts will be built next to the Town Hall and the Youth Center.
- The Town has donated the land and will ultimately own the courts.
- This is a community-based project for the benefit of all who live here or come to vacation and enjoy our community.
- The cost of the project will be funded primarily through private donations. Over half of the budgeted costs have already been pledged through these donations!
- A local group is managing this project and they are working tirelessly to raise the remaining pledges before the end of this year.
- The non-profit MW Alliance Foundation is assisting the MW Pickleball Project team by making ONLINE DONATIONS (by credit card) available through the Alliance website.
- If you prefer to send a check, make payable to: Town of Manitowish Waters and mail to: MW Pickleball Project, PO BOX 267, Manitowish Waters, WI 54545.
The Transfer Station is located 1/2 mile north of beautiful downtown Manitowish Waters at 217 Hwy W.
Call the Transfer Station for more information on how to recycle: 715-543-2366
CLOSED HOLIDAYS (Except Memorial Day and Labor Day)
Individuals that are interested in acquiring an annual pass for unlimited access to the brush pile, may stop in the Town Offices and obtain a pass for $50.00 for the year from the date of purchase.